There were about 10 authors who hosted one-hour slots to promote their books and other work. All authors were invited by me or another author. The authors had fantastic giveaways include free books and gifts. The event started at 10 a.m. and I had the last slot from 8- 9 p.m, for the cover reveal. I also ended up doing a trailer reveal which worked out great.
Here's the link to the event (you'll need to click on "going" to view all the posts):
Here are some lessons learned:
- Make sure you set the event as public when the event is set up - otherwise you'll need to open another event which could make you lose potential attendees who already signed up.
- Tell those you invite that they must hit the "going" button to see the posts. Not sure if they can see them if they respond as "interested."
- Keep posts at least 5 minutes apart (don't post too fast).
- Engage with your audience. It's hard when you're setting up new posts, so have them prepared to cut and paste into posts beforehand.
- Have a backup plan for any authors who can't attend during their time slot or are late.
Since I'm not sure how long the posts will be available, I thought I'd start transferring some of mine to this blog page in case you missed the event. This way, if you've never done a cover reveal before, you can see some examples to follow. For those readers who are not authors, this will give you more information about me and my writing!
First post of the evening. My thought on this was to do an introduction, thanking everyone from the day and showing my professional pictures, so people know what I look like. Also, I think professional pictures are important to do for promotions and the back and inside covers, if you can.
POST #1: COVER REVEAL FOR THE CAGING AT DEADWATER MANOR
Hi everybody! Thanks so much for joining in on my one-hour live event for the cover reveal of THE CAGING AT DEADWATER MANOR! I’m so excited to be here and I want to thank all the authors who helped make this day so special by participating in their live events all day too! Stay tuned until the end because I’m going to show my very first book trailer!
Here are a couple of my author photos taken by Jaimi Weatherspoon with Essential~Special Moments Photography. I just love them and use them in a lot of my social media outlets. I can't say enough about getting professional pictures done!
How’s everyone doing tonight and where are you from?
Take care -- Sandie